We are the data controller of the Personal Information we process and are therefore responsible for ensuring that systems and processes we use are compliant with applicable data protection laws.
1. Information collected by Ngo Jung & Partners
A. How we collect personal information
Your Personal Information may be collected:
- as part of our business intake processes
- when you provide us with information to seek legal advice
- from third parties who provide it to us (including opposing parties, other lawyers, experts etc.)
- when it is required for the provisions of services from our service providers or subcontractors (including formalists)
- when we gather information about you using publicly available sources (including infogreffe)
- when you visit our offices
- when you apply for a position or an internship and/or take part in interview or selection process for a position or an internship with us
- when you email us or provide information to us in other circumstances, such as inquiring about information published on our Site or requesting details about events organized or sponsored by us
- when you attend or participate in events organized or sponsored by us or other meetings held by us
B. What personal information we collect
We may process:
- your contact information (g., name, home address, telephone numbers and email address)
- demographic data (g., your date of birth, gender and nationality)
- your professional contact details (g., your title, organization, work address, and details of your public social media profile(s))
- details about your current and past employers, your education and skills
- documentation confirming identity (such as a passport, ID card or driving license)
- financial information including bank account details and invoicing/payment details
- other information such as photograph
- special categories of Personal Information such as health data, criminal records, racial or ethnic origin, religious or other beliefs, details of trade union membership
C. Why we collect personal information
We process Personal Information for the following purposes:
- providing legal services and responding to requests for legal services
- managing our business relationship with you (including billing, accounting, mailing services etc.)
- providing information requested by you
- processing employment or internship applications
- invoicing for our services and obtaining payment
- promoting our services including providing legal updates and information relating to events which we believe may interest you
- meeting our legal and regulatory obligations
- preventing, detecting and responding to fraud or potential fraud or other illegal activities
D. On What basis we use your personal information
We will only use your Personal Information if there is a reason for doing so, and if that reason is permitted under applicable law. Accordingly, we will use the Information, only in the following circumstances:
- to perform a contract you have entered into with us or to take steps prior to entering into a contract with us
- the processing is necessary for compliance with a legal or regulatory obligation
- the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or proceedings
- we have a legitimate interest in carrying out the processing
- we have obtained your prior consent
2. Personal information recipients
We may disclose your Personal Information to trusted third parties in compliance, where applicable, with binding contractual arrangements in place with them, including:
- providers of data services such as website hosting and data hosting
- IT service providers
- shipping or mail services
- as the case may be, third parties assisting us in recruitment and staffing
- our professional advisors and auditors
- our professional indemnity insurers
- our clients in the course of the services we provide to them
- people in your organization
- third parties engaged in the course of the services we provide to clients and with their prior consent (foreign counsels, experts, data room services)
- service providers to whom we outsource certain services we provide to clients with their prior consent such as formalists or translators
We may also disclose your Personal Information to legal and regulatory authorities in compliance with applicable laws or regulations. We will use reasonable endeavours to notify you beforehand, unless we are legally restricted from doing so.
If, in the future, we decide to reorganize or transfer all or part of our business, we may need to transfer your Personal Information to third parties through which all or part of the business of Ngo Jung & Partners will be carried out.
3. International transfers of personal information
To govern our transfers of Personal Information from the EU/EEA to recipients outside the EU/EEA, we use the standard contractual clauses adopted by the European Commission when the Information is transferred to countries that have not been deemed to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data by the European Commission.
4. Retention periods
As regards Personal Information used for processing job and internship applications, the Information is kept by Ngo Jung & Partners for two years from the time of your last contact with Ngo Jung & Partners.
We have put in place appropriate security measures to protect against the alteration, loss, disclose or misuse of your Personal Information. In addition, we limit access to your Personal Information to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties on a “need-to-know” basis. They will only process your Personal Information on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
6. Your legal rights
Subject to applicable law, you may have a number of rights to your Personal Information. If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out below, please contact us.
We may need to request specific information from you to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your Personal Information or to exercise any of your other rights. This is a security measure to ensure that Personal Information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
We will respond to all legitimate requests without undue delay and in any event within one month of receipt of the request. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month, but without exceeding three months, if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.
You will not have to pay a fee to access your Personal Information or to exercise any of the other rights. However, Ngo Jung & Partners may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, Ngo Jung & Partners may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
A. Right of access
You may have the right to obtain from Ngo Jung & Partners confirmation as to whether or not your Personal Information is being processed and where that is the case to obtain a copy of the Personal Information undergoing processing in order to check that Ngo Jung & Partners is using your Information in accordance with data protection legislation.
B. Right of rectification
In certain circumstances, you are entitled to have your Information corrected if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
C. Right to erasure
This right is also known as “the right to be forgotten”. It enables you, subject to applicable law, to ask Ngo Jung & Partners to delete or remove your Personal Information (a) where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it or (b) where you have withdrawn your consent on which the processing was based.
You may also have the right to ask Ngo Jung & Partners to delete or remove your Personal Information (c) where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing as referenced in paragraphe G below, (d) where Ngo Jung & Partners may have processed your Information unlawfully or (e) where Ngo Jung & Partners is required to erase your Personal Information to comply with applicable law. Note, however, that Ngo Jung & Partners may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons, which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
D. Right of restriction of processing
In certain circumstances, you are entitled to ask Ngo Jung & Partners to suspend the processing of your Personal Information in the following cases: (a) the accuracy of the Personal Information is being contested and you request it to be restricted while Ngo Jung & Partners verifies its accuracy; (b) when it has been determined that the processing of your Personal Information is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of your Personal Information, requesting instead the restriction of its use; (c) when Ngo Jung & Partners no longer requires the Personal Information for the purpose of processing, but you need it to be kept for the establishment, exercise or defence of a legal claim; (d) when you have objected to processing pursuant to paragraph G below, pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of Ngo Jung & Partners override your interests, rights and freedoms.
Where processing is restricted, as well as storing your Personal Information, Ngo Jung & Partners will only process it during the period of restriction: (a) with your consent or if it is necessary (b) for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims; (c) for the protection of the rights of another person or (d) for reasons of public interest.
E. Right to information portability
In certain circumstances, you are entitled to have the Personal Information you have provided to Ngo Jung & Partners: (a) sent to you in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format; (b) sent directly by Ngo Jung & Partners to another data controller, provided that it is technically feasible.
F. Right to withdraw consent
Where Ngo Jung & Partners is relying on your consent to process your Information, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time. The withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of our processing of your Information before withdrawal.
G. Right to object to processing
In certain circumstances, you may have the right to object to processing of your Personal Information where Ngo Jung & Partners is relying on a legitimate interest or that of a third party and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. However, Ngo Jung & Partners may demonstrate having compelling legitimate grounds for the processing which override your interests, rights or freedoms.
H. Right to lodge a claim
Depending on where you are located, you may be entitled, at any time, to lodge a claim with the relevant supervisory authority if you consider that your Personal Information has been processed in breach of the applicable data protection legislation.
8. Contact details
Mr. Frédéric Corrèges
Accounting and administration manager
Ngo Jung & Partners
50, rue Boissière 75116 Paris